Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Applique panels.


This week I am working on an interesting project.  The assignment from the designer is to take exhisting solid color panels and applique individual flowers to create a bold new look.  This is tedious but very satisfying work. Flowers are cut individually and arranged on each panel.  Once I am satisfied with the placement, I applique them by hand.  This is back breaking. I stand for hours at a time hunched over my sewing table making tiny stitches.  My fingers  feel like pin cusions! Yet, I am so content working on this project.  It feels so creative...artsy!  This is the type of project I really enjoy.  The end result is one of a kind.  I don't like repetive work.   I get bored easily.  I need variety and creativity.  I still have one more panel to finish but here is a sneak peak.  I hope you enjoy them!

No comments:

Post a Comment